Thursday, June 28, 2012

10 days until my due date!

I can't believe we are only 10 days away from my due date!! So crazy but a good crazy for sure! I had my 38 week checkup today and it went well despite a few bumps in my appointment. When I arrived this morning my blood pressure was 140/99 which is pretty high for me, normally my blood pressure is 115/75. The nurse told my DR and he came in almost right away and checked it again, it was still high. After doing an ultra sound he decided to send me to the lab for some blood work and a urine test- then up to L&D for further testing. They monitored the babys heart rate, and my blood pressure. Did another ultra sound and checked to see if my fluid had leaked at all- and checked to see if I was dilated.... well everything for the most part looked good. Im not dilated but they said that doesn't mean anything, and from the test they ran it doesn't look like Im having any contractions. My fluid is nice and full so my water has no broken or leaked at all (thank goodness). And my blood pressure was still kind of high when I left but it was down to being safe. Had my blood pressure not gone down, or I had low fluid they would have induced me today. Which would have been ok since Im 38 weeks pregnant. Adam had his last solo flight and so I didn't really tell him what was going on at my appointment just they my blood pressure was high and they were checking it again. I didn't want him to worry or cancel his flight for no reason. Plus had they induced me than it still would have been hours before I gave birth so he wouldn't have missed that. Now my DR wants to see me twice next week, and twice the following week if I still haven't delivered. Im hoping my sweet little boy wants to come right around his due date to help avoid this mama from being induced. BUT I will say that as far as my birth plan goes- it's whatever I have to do to have a safe and healthy delivery for both the baby and I. If that means, inducing me- or having a c-section than sobeit!  I still feel very positive about my pregnancy and even about my upcoming delivery. I feel if you think positive you will have positive results even if the situation isn't what you may have planned. So happy thoughts are all that Im thinking in hopes that I have a very good delivery. 

My moms coming in next Thursday and I can't wait to see her! I still can't believe we are only a few days away from meeting our little boy. Its just so crazy to me that we can love someone so much that we haven't met yet, and become so anxious to meet him yet all we know about him is that we made him- and we love him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.