Thursday, October 6, 2011
TBS...
TBS might be coming to end- that's the training Adam's been in for just under 6 months, but today is the first night that he's in the field for his 9 day war. He's had other FEX's during TBS where we wont speak for a week because he's out in the field but for some reason knowing that this FEX is longer then the rest, makes it just a little harder. I know what TBS intended to do, what the real purpose of the training is,. Still I can't help but think that it might have also been created for the spouses (and spouses to be). I say this because, during the course of TBS Adam has been going through different types of training, long days, weird hours, never gets secured when he thinks he will, and I never have any expectations as to when he will be "done" for the day. His weekends aren't always his own, with having to train on Saturday & Sundays at times, and studying as if we were back in college..Now, most of this stuff I can easily adjust to, and think I've adjusted pretty well overall (so far-and no doubts that I wont continue on this path). I say this because, when he's gone I miss him but I know that I can get through my day just fine. A good friend of mine Renae, told me to "count weekends" instead of counting the days that we wont see each other. By counting how many weekends until I see him, instead of thinking it may be two weeks until I see him (14 days) think of it like only two more weekends! Its silly things like that, that make my days easier. Working, and planning a wedding well that helps too. I think what TBS has really done for me has allowed me to get a small glimpse and feeling of what it will be like when Adam's on deployments. TBS is helping to prepare me for future deployments that I know he will have, it's inevitable. Anyone that thinks their spouse (whose active duty (AD) military) wont end up being deployed, is living in denial. Future deployments that I know Adam will have, have never really bothered me- well the idea of them anyway. Im honest to myself, to the realness of what a deployment means- not only for Adam but for us, as we start our own family. I know that I will be able to handle not speaking to Adam for long periods of time, if that's something we may face. I don't have to loveeee it but, I can handle it and I understand it. Having so much support from both of our families def. helps too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.